Monday, November 1, 2010

Fall Mite Count 2010

This is a pretreatment 24 hour drop count onto a sticky board.  The mite population has seemed lower than ever this year.  I didn't want to treat with chemicals so I hoped to put it off this year.

Mary - 123
Myrina - 66
Duchess - 103

So much for not treating.  I typically use Apistan but will look at Apiguard too.  Mary & Myrina's Queens are daughters of VSH queens.  I thought they might have lower counts.  Duchess is new from Georgia and likely brought some with her. 

Mary's Sticky Board

*

5 comments:

immwia said...

Interesting new look.

Hemlock said...

hope you like it! I have been fiddling with it for awhile now. Finally found something i like.

immwia said...

I do like it, I wasn't so sure at first glance but I am liking it more each time I stop by for a visit.

Love you.

Hemlock said...

I think I'm done for now. The Wife helped a lot. I still think it's too black...

immwia said...

The faded out pic in the background brings out the green. I think you both did not nice job.