Sunday, August 9, 2009

Inspection 8/9/9

Mary & Myrina
95 F
Sunny


Mary
Many bad things here. Varroa mites, watered bee bread, chalk-brood, many dead bees in the hive, little to no new brood, spotty pattern, two possible supercedure cells. Am I losing her? Did I accidentally mash the queen during the last inspection? I think it's time to be in panic mode.

(click me)
Red circle = Withered wings

Green circles = Chalk/Foul brood
-
(click me)
Green circles = Varroa mite
Blue circle = Dead bee


She is now down to two brood boxes, an excluder, & a honey super (1/3 full)


Myrina
It seamed like I've seen more bees working at the entrance. Yet there is very little new brood in the hive. I will keep an eye on her to see if she develops similar symptoms to Mary.

She has drawn no honey comb this year. I took off the honey supers. She's only two brood boxes now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this does not sound too good. I hope you don't lose the hive. I will send some positive vibes your way.